#1897 | Clinical Support Nurse (RN) | PT Nights
The Clinical Support RN will be responsible for carrying out registered nurse accountabilities within specific assigned units. Job accountabilities may deviate slightly between various units. Clinical Support RN may be assigned to facilitate admissions and/or discharges, transports, and meal break coverage. May be expected to function in the role of Rapid Response Team and Code Blue response team nurse. Will be deployed to any nursing unit at the discretion of the Director of Nursing Operations or Administrative Nursing Supervisor.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e. appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g. numerical, FACES and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required.
- BCLS required.
- ACLS required.
- Must have 3-5 years of Critical Care or Emergency Department experience.
- Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it.
- Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests.
- This position will report to the Director of Nursing Operations and will be assigned by the Nursing Office.
- Exerts negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, at least 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to move heavy patients with assistance will be required.
- Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
- Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), and kneels (bending the legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees).
Please contact Joe Della Vecchia, Senior Healthcare Recruiter at 617-350-7358 or Joseph.email@example.com to learn more about this positon or other opportunities within Steward Health.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1897