- Lead and mentor other finance associates during the SMG monthly close process, involving:
- Real Estate- Rent Expense, Sublease Income & Property Taxes
- Utility Accruals
- Fixed Assets
- Prepaid Expenses
- CME and Dues expense compliance monitoring via Concur
- Sourcing variance analysis for explanation (West Region & Hospital Based Practices)
- Financial reporting
- Lead the Real Estate Accounting team’s monthly close process within specified deadlines, which includes journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis.
- Manage processes surrounding SMG’s portfolio of real estate leases, inclusive of recurring rent payment set-up and annual rent adjustments per the terms of each rental agreement.
- Maintain a current warehouse of operating leases ensuring all terms are identified and reconciled where necessary.
- Complete other analytical functions required by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage process of booking intercompany entries between SMG, Steward hospitals and Corporate entities for assigned regions.
- Review assigned balance sheet account reconciliations including fixed assets, prepaid and accrued expenses accounts, including rent, property tax, utilities expense, etc.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development, motivation, and general supervision of the accounting staff including but not limited to periodic performance evaluations and initiating disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Document and assist in the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of interim and year-end audit work papers assigned to SMG.
- Respond to inquiries and returns voicemail and e-mail in a timely, friendly, and cooperative manner.
- Maintain sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of SMG, the Hospitals and Corporate.
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. MBA/CPA preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience preferably in a health care financial/accounting environment.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Willing to challenge the norm and foster new and exciting processes into the current environment
- Strong and dynamic analytical skills
- Vibrant personality, great communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills
- Advanced software skills (Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with ERP system)Ability and desire to work independently and cross-functionally, manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.