Accounts Payable Analyst (SMG)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group is searching for an Account Payable Analyst that will serve as a key member in the Accounts Payable team base in Franklin, Tennessee. Under the direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Analyst will be responsible for processing of invoices, credits and payments through the electronic accounts payable system(s) for workflow approval. Will research and resolve invoice discrepancies and ensure invoices are coded to the correct general ledger codes.
- Processes invoices efficiently and timely including, but not limited to, check requests, employee expense reimbursements and physician payments.
- Ensures coding for the appropriate expense accounts.
- Processes credits to department cost centers when applicable.
- Will respond to all vendor inquiries in timely fashion
- Ensures payments are made to vendors according to the payment terms contracted with the vendor (NET60). Maintain the vendor exception list for payment terms.
- Will be a resource to physician group Directors, Practice Administrators, and all physician group Clinic staff for payment inquiries, approval workflow inquiries, and invoice submissions.
- Ensures that problems or concerns regarding the Accounting Department and other related areas are communicated to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Runs reports as requested and on a regular basis to identify problems, delinquent accounts, adjustments needed, etc.
- Contributes to continuous improvement projects and data maintenance projects in the Accounts Payable department.
- Performs all other activities as required to ensure the AP process conforms to all company policies and internal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills.
- Desire to work as a team.
- Embrace change in an exciting fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines as required.
- The desire and ability to learn and the willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with Accounts Payables support processes in a Physician Practice and Health Care field.
- Experience using and maintaining Accounts Payable software (OnBase preferred).
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): One (1) to three (3) years of Accounts Payable experience required, preferably in a Healthcare Environment.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Access/SQL skills preferred, other Microsoft Office skills a plus.
- Other: Previous healthcare, accounts payable experience a plus.
Job Reference #: 1900723