Accounts Payable Associate
Provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor payments and check requests.
• Scans P.O. documents into On-Base software on a daily basis
• Utilizing On-Base and MEDITECH, indexes all P.O. invoices with P.O. number, invoice number, date, and amount
• Interacts with Senior P.O. Lead for all exceptions for resolution
• Functions as a member of the A/P team in completing other various duties required in the department
• Promotes, models,and oversees the mission and values of Steward Health Care
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to type approximately fifty words per minute
• Demonstrated experience with general ledger account reconciliations, including month end closing processes and general knowledge of accounting principles
• Experience in an electronic A/P processing environment/multi-location company preferred
• Team-oriented individual that can focus on details
• Ability to deal effectively with tight month end closing process.
• Education: Associate's degree preferred.
• Experience (Type & Length): 1+ years' experience A/P processing.
• Software/Hardware: Meditech; Proficient with Excel spreadsheets to develop account reconciliations.