Activity Aide - EBHS Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
The Therapeutic Activity Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the OTR/L, assists with the occupational therapy, evaluation, and treatment of patients in individual and group settings. The Therapeutic Activity Coordinator will also assist with the daily recreational therapeutic responsibilities of the Elder Behavioral Health Program.
* Facilitate therapeutic group programming under the supervision of the OTR/L.
* Adhere to the current schedule using performance metrics to guide documentation
* Modify activities as needed for patients during group sessions
* Provided 1-1 treatments/interventions as necessary for patients unable to attend group sessions
* Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
* Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic and working relationships
* Receives continuing education required for job function
Management of Time and Resources:
* Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
* Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
* Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
* Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
* Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
* Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
* Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
* Produces quality results.
* Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
* Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
* Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
* Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
* Responds to requests in a timely manner.
* Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
* Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to complete and maintain accurate and timely documentation of progress notes/treatment records
* Ability to plan and direct groups designed for needs of the geriatric psychiatric population
* Ability to assess the quality and appropriateness of care in accordance to professional/medical center standards of care
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, providers, patients/families
* Prior experience with Meditech software; MS Outlook & Word.
* Associate’s Degree from ACOTE accredited program
* Minimum of one year’s experience in occupational therapy setting;
* American Heart Association BLS CPR Certification
* Prior experience in Geri Psych setting preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.