At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible for the performance of designated tasks related to the operation of therapeutic group programming on Geri Psych Department. The Activity Aid provides age appropriate, group and individual activities, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
| || || |
- Provides quality patient care using varied sensory interventions appropriate to patient physical and cognitive status.
- Organize and facilitate therapeutic psychiatric groups.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by adherence to department maintenance and infection control procedures.
- Reports any changes observed in patient status and/or unusual incidents to the appropriate staff member.
- Participates in planning, organizing and selecting patient related daily, weekly, and monthly activities and projects.
- Integrates activities into the daily milieu independently and in collaboration with other staff members.
- Displays organizational skills and inventories materials and supplies as needed, and communicates with appropriate staff.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation, including group documentation, 1:1, and crisis plan as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety and complies with hospital infection control policies.
- Displays excellent communication skills, working well with others in the spirit of teamwork and collaboration.
- Appropriately refers unanswerable questions/problems to the appropriate person; seeks information to clarify requests/assignments.
- Assists in selected portions of the orientation and/or training of new employees.
- Consistently demonstrates a complete knowledge of body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patients.
- Demonstrates good judgment in appropriately prioritizing work to meet departmental needs, standards, and deadlines; seeks assistance to prioritize in cases of uncertainty.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job related tasks and duties as assigned.