Activity Therapist FT Days
St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center has been providing behavioral health services since 1969. Our staff provide compassionate care using a holistic approach to children, adolescents, adults and seniors who require psychiatric and substance use care. Located in the heart of Phoenix, the Behavioral Health Center has 127 inpatient beds, a full spectrum of both inpatient and outpatient services, and an additional 20 inpatient geriatric beds located at Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa. We offer a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team working alongside underserved populations coping with complex behavioral health needs at varying levels of acuity.
Provides direct and indirect patient care, supervises AT assistants in the acute care and partial hospital setting. Communicates with physicians/director/charge nurse/co-workers, as appropriate about changes inpatient's clinical condition including results of assessment and treatment modalities. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Provides skill building opportunities and discharge lifestyle suggestions on all assessed patients.
- BS/Masters from an accredited University with degree in Therapeutic Recreation and Current Certified Therapeutic Recreational
- Therapist registration (CTRS), Certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (MTBC),
- Certified by the Arizona Department of Education with Special Education K-12 certificate,
- Art Therapy,
- Physical Education or Dance Therapy with current certification.
- At least 2 years experience in Behavioral Health preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans