Activity Therapist – Trumbull Regional Medical Center
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage*
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees*
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement*
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
*For eligible employees
Responsible to the hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Nursing Services for providing comprehensive, cost effective, therapeutic activities to mental health patients. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- After orientation, up to 6 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations. Previous experience as an Activity Therapist required.
- Requires up to 1 years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
- Certification as Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification required.
- Broad knowledge in professional area and in Activity Therapy.
- Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to psychiatric patient care
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrates knowledge of activity therapy and leads treatment programs.
- Plans, implements and evaluates activity services provided.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, nursing management and other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 128245