Addictions Counselor PDM
Continuously collects data about the healthcare status of the patient/family in a systematic way to determine the need and type of care and treatment to be provided, and the need for further assessment. Implements interventions appropriately, according to patients individualized needs and plan of care to moderate/stabilize symptoms. Collaborates and communicates effectively with patients, families and treatment team members to facilitate maximum client outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school with a Master’s Degree in Professional Mental Health Counseling
- Prefer two years of Case Management or Social Services experience in a healthcare related field.
- Acute care hospital experience preferred
- A current LA. License is required.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to interact with patients, families, physicians and co-workers.
- BLS required within 30 days of hire
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.