Admin/Med Secretary/Sect II, Part-Time, Days
Coordinate various clerical and receptionist duties in the MRI Department.
Chief, MRI & Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
High School Graduate
1. TEAM WORK
A. Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
B. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
C. Keeps others informed.
D. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
E. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
F. Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
G. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
H. Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
I. Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
J. Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
D. Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
E. Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
F. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
G. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
H. Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
I. Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
1. Match proper reports and radiographs in appropriate folders to be filed.
2. Retrieve radiographs from clinics and the Emergency Room to ensure proper correlation of films.
3. Retrieve any previous radiographs from film files and match them with MRI requisitions and reports.
4. Prepare OR cases for the next day and place in appropriate OR slot. Contact necessary office for films to complete OR schedule as necessary.
5. Retrieve master folders for physicians per their request.
6. Complete conference list by pulling appropriate master folders.
7. Retrieve the file radiographs that have been interpreted by the radiologist throughout the workday (check reading rooms).
8. Prepare radiographs that have been requested by outside sources for mailing.
9. Re-file radiographs that have been returned from outside sources.
10. Properly schedule patient appointments by phone or fax order in appropriate time slots for both NH and Guild MRI Departments.
11. Receive, greet patients and direct to appropriate waiting areas. Notify technologists of scheduled patient’s arrival. Notify chief tech or staff techs of any emergency cases.
12. Register patients, assemble and prepare MRI requisitions for examination ordered on inpatients and outpatients.
13. Refer to cross-reference file to ensure previous patient information, i.e., radiology number, previous reports and retrieval of film.
14. Process necessary paperwork, i.e., schedules, requisitions, cross-reference cards. Maintain department logbook for daily statistics, file cross reference cards and reports. Retrieve film folders from file room when necessary.
15. Retrieve and place telephone calls, take and relay messages and occasionally arrange patient transport. Provide reports per physician request, allowable information and assistance.
16. Keep clerical area neat and orderly.
17. Demonstrates safe & effective use of equipment.