Admini. Assistant 2, Pain Management, #21394, 40hrs.
• Act as an initial contact for all patients coming through the Pain Management Center. (PMC)
• Schedules patients for consultations and procedures are directed by referring physicians' offices or pain specialists.
• Manages daily patient schedule within established matrix
• Schedules consultations and procedures with appropriate pain specialists.
• Prioritizes voicemails, inbox patient messages with appropriate parties to maintain flow, quality and efficiency.
• Assists in obtaining referrals and authorizations for consultations, procedures and tests.
• Verifies eligibility of insurance using available web portals.
• Uses all computers department to included but not limited to Meditech, eCW, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Enters charges as appropriate under the direction of the manager and provides reconciliation
• Calls patients to remind them of appointments and does follow up calls to ensure customer friendly service.
• Demonstrates ability to pace self to adapt to fluctuating job demands.
• Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
• and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
• Assists in the activities of the Pain Center staff in file retrieval, and other clerical duties.
• Performs all the duties to assist the physicians, nursing and technical staff.
• Maintains an efficient office environment, organizing files, patient information and data.
• Organizes all paperwork for all pain center appointments such as physician orders, labs, pre certification and pre authorizations, relevant reports and presents to clinical staff for review.
• Assemble all patient charts for review by doctors on patient appt day.
• Performance of any duties as requested by supervisors within the scope of this position.
• Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital, medical staff and patient related data and information
• Accountable for following JCAHO, DPH and HIPPA requirements.
• High school graduate with 2 years of college preferred.
• 1 year experience physician office and/or another clinical office environment.
• Experience with insurance authorization preferred.
• Excellent word processing, communication, and organizational skills.