Administrative Assistant- Cardiology Admin- 40hrs/wk (day shift)
Administrative Assistant- Cardiology Admin- Full-time day shift 40hrs/wk- weekends and holidays not required
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager or Director of Operations for Surgery, the administrative assistant will primarily perform a variety of front desk duties and clerical duties to which he/she is assigned. Will also provide administrative support to orthopedic surgeon(s) when needed.
Supervised and/or reportable to the following:
Director of Operations for Surgery
Carry out duties as needed
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
Primary essential functions:
- Checking in patients at the front desk, ensuring all demographic and insurance information is updated
- Answering main phones as well as for surgeon(s) when needed
- It is expected that phones will be answered in a cheerful and welcoming manner per the policy of St. Elizabeth's Medical Center.
- Obtaining completed referral information on new and follow-up patients.
- Efficient triage of in-coming calls to pain staff and recording completed messages.
- Scheduling clinic and treatment/surgeryappointments.
- Making appointments, ensuring proper referrals are obtained
- Booking various surgeries and imaging studies, ensuring all necessary authorizations are in place
- Verifies and coordinates insurance coverage for all patients being seen by members of the orthopedic team prior to scheduling them in the Department of Orthopedics. This would be directed towards both professional and facility reimbursement. It may become desirable for this position to obtain and record actual insurance authorization.
Records management including:
- Creating and maintaining the patient's pain chart, defined as an activity record of all pain center interventions, dictations, and information from outside sources (i.e., attorneys, case managers).
- Coordinating with medical records the proper storage of original documentation in the patient's medical record. Obtain original medical record as requested prior to pain center patient visits and return of the medical record in a timely manner.
- Filing appropriate patient information in a timely manner in the patient's chart.
- Assisting patients, case managers, attorneys, etc. in obtaining needed records.
- Maintains accurate and complete billing information and forwards charges to appropriate destinations (dept billing and hospital billing) within 24-48 hours (except weekends).
- Checking charges as necessary to verify accuracy.
- Provide copies of dictations to anesthesia billing service.
- Collect, store, and direct co-pays or funds due at the time of service (providing receipts and accurate documentation of funds received) to appropriate account.
- Coordinating scheduling of patients, orthopedic team and needed equipment.
- Coordinating with admitting and medical records for necessary records/forms etc.
- Keeping schedule and preference cards current on the Athena system.
- Booking of related diagnostic studies, and obtaining follow-up of results. Coordinate with primary care physicians for other tests, outside referrals, etc. as needed.
- Coordinating consultant activity within the pain center, as well as in external locations.
- Arrange authorizations with primary care physicians for other tests, outside referrals, etc. as needed.
- Perform all other related or similar duties as required or as requested by the physician-in-charge or the Manager.
Notary services for the Department and throughout the hospital.
Reports to Director of Operations for Surgery and Practice Manager
- Shall be accountable to the Director of Operations for Surgery
- Shall be accountable to the Department Manager.
High School Diploma.
Five years in a hospital setting.
Excellent communications ability.
Use of facsimile and Xerox machines.
The ability to complete multiple tasks at one time.
Excellent organizational and communication skills.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.