Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the administrative assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient and effective day–to-day functioning of department. Adheres to the highest standards of professional values and work ethic, while furthering the company mission. He/she upholds confidentiality toward patient/families, colleagues, sensitive situations arising within the department as a whole.
- Proactively manage a complex calendar of internal meetings, external meetings, and events with utmost attention to accuracy and timeliness
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll for department physicians and CRNAs across SMG
- Will work with both SMG and our outside billing vendor to ensure that they receive all of our documentation and billing information
- Prepare and send files to be stored at outside facility and maintain storage records
- Answer department phones in a customer friendly and welcoming manner per the policy of Steward Medical Group
- Perform all clerical and secretarial services including typing, photocopying and mail sorting
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Attend department meetings
- Perform other duties as requested
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information per HIPAA
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with of a variety of software programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- The ability to successfully multitask projects is required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Well-developed communication and personal relations skills with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, and the public with empathy, sincerity, and a sense of caring
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects with demanding workloads.
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.