Administrative Coordinator - In-Service Education
JOB SUMMARY: (Summary of the position and position duties).
Under minimal supervision, performs complex support and clerical duties for the members of the In-service Education and Director. Manages heavy phone call volume. Serves as Super User for IASIS Healthcare Electronic Assisted Learning system. Provides education and orientation to selected job descriptions and clinical students of nursing and allied health programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision
and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA),
designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through
proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and
prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Supports and facilitates activities and functions of In-service Education
and assists Director and Educators in the department:
a) Initiates, composes and types, minutes of meetings,
correspondence and memos.
b) Coordinates registration process for the ACLS and BLS
programs, and other courses.Prepares course materials for
c) Prepares purchase orders.
d) Assists Director in the processing/maintaining of department
timesheets and employee time related records, as needed.
e) Facilitates communications internally and externally for department, fax, e-mail, etc. .
f) Operates and maintains office.
g) Schedules meetings, classes, activities, appointments, conferences and reserves meeting space for education activities. Maintains Director’s calendar.
h) Coordinates New Employee Orientation in collaboration with Human Resources.
i) Acts as resource person within department for assistance with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and API, and other software programs.
j) Serves as Notary Public for department\\hospital.
k) Supports the Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Provider Unit
staff in preparing for educational activities, registering participants,
and maintaining the confidentiality and security of the CNE records.
5. Conducts orientation and training for new Unit Assistants.
6. Conducts new employee orientation to I-Heal and St. Joseph Intranet
7. Conducts Allied Health student and nursing student orientation; the
acquisition of student identification badges, and maintains required
student orientation records. Manages requests for placement in clinical
settings and communications between SJMC and College, University or
8. Receives, screens and prioritizes visitors and telephone calls.Responds
to inquiries concerning department/unit activities, operations and
guidelines and procedures with high volumes over the phone coaching
related to I-HEAL.
9. Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing
systems for education activities.
10. Responsible for the maintenance of employee Education Records for entire facility through the web based I-HEAL learning management system, As "Super User":
a) Manages and performs data entry processes.
b) Serves as Resource Person and reaches other users as necessary or as directed.
c) Prepares reports as requested by Leadership and Compliance.
d) Responsible for oversight of integrity of the education records.
11. Serves as resource to In-service Education for design and
production of education related materials.
15. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
a. Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
b. Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
c. Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance and Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
Approximately one to two years progressively more responsible related office work experience. Knowledge of clerical and office procedures, use and operation of standard office equipment, and ability to compose and type correspondence.
Education & Training:
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Ability to read and write in order to proof and edit routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, tables and the like for spelling, typographical errors, and sentence structure as well as draft routine correspondence, perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when preparing purchase orders and bills, and organize and maintain record keeping and filing systems at a level normally acquired through completion of six to nine months of business school. Ability to develop complex statistical tables and forms, and non-routine correspondence, reports and the like from rough draft or dictation at a level normally acquired during business school training period.
- Technical writing, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with health team members, patients, families and physicians.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher).
- Knowledge and experience using SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience using Learning Management System
- Good in Customer Service, Multi tasking and office coordination
Job Reference #: 1805953