About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
***Administrative Director, Radiology Full Time
Responsible for the daily operations and long range planning of Diagnostic Imaging Services to include Diagnostic Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Tomography, Mammography, Special Procedures, Angiography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, CT Scanning, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and evolving technologies. Provides leadership to and collaborates with all D.I. section heads. Oversees budgeting for all D.I. modalities and assumes overall financial responsibility for the department. Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure the smooth operation of the department and provide exceptional patient care
- Prepares the annual budget to include: revenue projections; departmental expenses and salaries; capital equipment; short and long term plans.
- Evaluates new products and equipment and forwards recommendations for purchase based upon research.
- Oversees staff scheduling, work rotations, in service education and the scheduling of staff meetings.
- Interviews and hires qualified candidates.
- Performs criteria based evaluations of staff.
- Responsible for corrective action, when necessary.
- Reports staffing needs and recommendations for change to Administration.
- Maintains and reports monthly volume statistics.
- Prepares and implements a department specific Quality Assurance plan to ensure compliance with acceptable standards of care.
- Assists with the Medical Director with peer review activities as warranted.
- Prepares and maintains department specific policies, procedures and protocols and reports according to Joint Commission standards to include Radiation Safety, General Fire, Fire Safety, Infection Control, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Education and Personnel qualifications.
- Prepares, maintains or amends policies and procedures developed in cooperation with the Medical Staff, Administration, Nursing Services and other clinical or support services to ensure quality of care and overall safety
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in Diagnostic Imaging is required.
- Must possess strong communication and analytical skills.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.