Administrative Services Specialist (Clerk)
Position Purpose: Administrative Services assists all departments within SHCN by sorting, distributing, scanning, sending and batching all mail that is received. They also assist with supplies, leased machines (fax, copy, printers, etc,.) and maintaining the break rooms. Preparing large printing and mail out jobs is an essential part of this position in addition to any other clerical functions that need to be completed.
Maintain workflow and prepare all incoming paper claims submissions for claims processing:
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes, as well as incoming paper claims
- Scan all sorted mail batches.
- Send/receive packages and mail via FedEX, UPS, DHL and USPS.
- Mark and place electronic reports into corresponding folders.
- Quality Assurance each claim submission for accuracy
Organize and maintain claims/record files and prepare all monthly mail outs:
- Electronically file claim packs in Julian date and claim category order.
- Mail out monthly letters to members from all departments.
- Ensure receipt of provider rosters and required monthly letters from EPSDT, Dental, Maternal and letters from HC employees that work remotely.
- Mail informational letters for providers and members as requested.
Facilitate retrieval of all requested claims/records and maintain materials.
- Pull claim/record requests and distribute
- Refile all original records and any additional new documents or revisions that pertain to that claim.
- Escort any vendors or repairman throughout the office.
- Deliver office supplies for the company once per week.
- Assist with maintaining company leased machines such as copier/fax machines
Assist Reimbursement Services staff in copying/scanning claims related information and performing other clerical duties as assigned:
- Copy and collate any documents for distribution
- Fax or mail information prepared by claims staff
- Save scanned claims into the electronic filing system
- High school diploma
Years of Experience:
- One (1) year clerical experience in an office environment