Admissions Coordinator Liaison - full time, days
Summary of Responsibility:
Receives all referral requests from external referral sources, completes pre-admission evaluations on site or electronically and assesses medical, rehabilitation and nursing needs of all applicants in a timely manner. Performs all marketing activities.
1. Performs duties as directed by the Director of Admissions to provide pertinent information and efficient nurse liaison services to patients, patients’ families and all referral sources. (E)
To accomplish this:
a. Receives and responds to all inquiries, referrals and applications for inpatient services and performs a pre-admissions assessment of patients' needs for inpatient services. Serves as a consultant/resource to referral sources.
b. Communicates with the referring facility's team and reviews the patient's available medical record at an on-site visit to the hospital, home, or nursing home where the patient is presently located. Able to make clinical decisions based on assessment of faxed information and dialogue with case manager and/or physician for a timely decision.
c. Determines appropriate level of care and services needed, conferring with Sinai’s Chief Medical Officer or Director of Admissions as necessary.
- Assesses level of orientation, alertness, cooperation and motivation in all patients referred for the Medical, Pulmonary and Rehabilitation services by a patient interview, when possible.
e. Promotes teamwork; covers other territories as needed for vacation/unplanned absences. May work on call as needed.
2. Performs marketing and referral development activities.
3. For satellite units, coordinates all aspects of admissions process in collaboration with satellite nurse manager and clinical team. (E)
4. Collaborates with the Director of Admissions to set annual objectives for key hospital/account assignments in line with the organization-wide census goals. (E)
5. Refers appropriately any problems in the admitting process to the Director of Admissions and/or Admissions Coordinator. (E)
6. Refers appropriately any problems with referral sources to the Director of Admissions. (E)
7. Participates in Total Quality Management Program for the department. (E)
8. Performs other related duties as required.
E = Essential Function
Registered Nurse/Clinician licensed to practice in