Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 11/9/2020
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- Accurately identifies patient and correctly selects patient’s MRN if applicable with no known errors.
- Accurately requests and inputs all required patient demographics and healthcare information into the Registration Module, in a timely and efficient manner, reviewing health insurance cards and at the same time demonstrating a complete knowledge of and the ability to apply the Registration policies and procedures.
- Standard: Registrations are completed accurately and timely (<5 mins for pre-registered or known patients. <10 mins for new patients) with no complaints about timeliness of completion and less than a 3% error rate in accuracy in a year.
- Reviews health insurance information with patient and accurately inputs that information into the Registration Module If applicable notifies patient of any
- Co-payment responsibility and processes the collected co-payment according to the department’s policy & procedure.
- Determines health insurance eligibility when applicable by inputting patients’ health insurance policy numbers into P.O.S. devices or on Web Sites. Makes any corrections necessary to the data collected at the time of registration.
- Ensures that the hospital’s policy regarding consents to treat is followed consistently.
- Standard: Consents are signed by patient/guardian and witnessed by registrar prior to treatment when applicable 100% of the time
- Alerts clinical departments of any special needs a patient may have that may not have been previously noted. Sends messages to the Pre Cert Department on all added cases.
- Consistently asks patients about the existence of a Healthcare Proxy. Distributes information regarding HIPAA. When applicable updates the information in the Registration module.
- Completes tasks which may be assigned by Charge Person, Supervisor or Director in order to meet the Department’s goals.
- Standard: All assignments are completed by the end of shift when applicable.
- Completes Competency Exam annually.
- Standard: Score of 70-90%
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Above average typing skills. Familiarity with medical terminology
- Previous experience in healthcare registration.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.