Admitting Clerk - Patient Access - Part Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Shift Details 7am-3:30pm Weekends only
Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients and registration of individuals who have hospital-based outpatient testing or procedures.
- Ensures that the patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- Interviews incoming patient or representatives and enters information required for admission into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge Medical Terminology.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Excellent customer service/communications skills.
- Exhibited ability to work as part of a team.
- Exhibits team-building skills.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 124053