Admitting Registrar ED Reg PDM - NIGHTS
Location: St. Joseph Medical Center
Posted Date: 5/2/2022
The Admitting Registrar is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration resulting in seamless hand-off to clinical/non clinical departments. The Admitting Registrar interviews the patient, obtains and records applicable demographic and financial information. The Admitting Registrar ensures insurance eligibility, performs pre-cert/authorization, calculates and collects patient portion at time of service. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years of registration or comparable work experience required
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position
- Basic computer knowledge
- Other certification requirements as defined by the certification policy
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
All offered candidates are required to undergo a background and employment history check as well as a drug screen.