Admitting Registrar- ER FT Shift Varies
Under the general supervision of the registration Manager, the Registration Coordinator /Collector is responsible for accurately registering patients. This position has initial contact with patients and/or patient representative, physicians and/or physicians staff. Is responsible for completing, verifying insurance information and accurately entering all vital information required for billing and point of service collections.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience utilizing computer systems preferred; basic course in Medical Terminology preferred.
- One year prior Healthcare and/or Emergency Room
- Registration experience preferred. Knowledge of any or all government programs; Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare/Medicaid HMO’s, and/or miscellaneous insurance plans preferred.
- Collections experience in hospital/physician office in a follow-up structure in regards to billing and collections with knowledge in Managed Care and governmental payors preferred.
- CPI within ninety (90) days from hire.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.