Admitting Registrar - Full Time - JVMC West Valley
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
- Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of patients.
- Insures that patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients seen on his or her unit.
- Looking for flexibility with schedule. Will be working mostly nights and weekends, including weekend graves.
- Will be working at both Jordan Valley Medical Center and JVMC est Valley Campus.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Requires excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to problem solve.
- Requires typing speed of 35-40 WPM.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Prior Admitting experience, medical terminology and medical insurance knowledge strongly desired.