Aide, Surgery, Operating Room, Full Time, Flexible Shift (Sign On Bonus)
The OR Orderly reports to the Assistant Nurse Manager. Performs all the necessary responsibilities required to transport patients to and from various patient care areas and departments within the hospital to designated areas. Cleans all surgical areas after procedures and works to maintain the Turnover goal of 30 minutes. Is responsible for stocking all substerile areas and ordering supplies, receiving and stocking in the OR. Assists with the set up for surgical procedures by obtaining the necessary equipment for the case. Assist in moving patients to and from the OR table, stretcher or bed. Assists in PACU and Holding when necessary to transport patients.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Holds current BLS card from American Heart Association within 3 months Good oral communication in the English Language
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/detect changes in human physiological condition
- Position may require working irregular hours under stressful conditions, rotation shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Able to function calmly in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Current BLS Certification from American Heart Association within 3 months of hire.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization