Analyst, Care Coordination
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Reporting to the Analytics Director, the Analyst serves as the key analytic resource to meet the information, reporting, and analytic needs of Steward Health Care Network (SHCN)’s ACO Care Coordination national performance initiatives.
- Collaborates with the SHCN Care Coordination team to implement the 2020 reporting framework
- Supports the analytics requirements of the Care Coordination business and operational leaders to focus on driving down the total cost of care, appropriate utilization of Steward resources, patient transitions across the continuum, appropriate documentation and levels of care.
- Responsible for the management, collection, tracking and trending of data related to Care Coordination housed in multiple systems. Also, responsible for designing and delivering data analysis from the identified systems and reports created (e.g., Arcadia, Meditech, Tableau, and CareRadius).
- Acts as a liaison between hospital data sources used to compare SHCN ACO performance
- Validates internal and external data quality
- Conducts performance analysis reports including trends, projections, external comparisons and correlations
- Analyzes and recommends opportunities for effective comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care coordination to improve patient experience, quality and health outcomes
- Delivers accurate and on-time deliverables, including reports, cost estimates, models and ad-hoc analyses
- Works with business and operational leaders to identify opportunities to generate medical savings and quantify ROI for related programs
- Identifies opportunities to improve and enhance the analysis and information provided to SHCN leadership, participating network providers, and partner organizations
- Works with analysts and analytic tool vendors to improve standard report design
- Supports ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Respects the confidential and sensitive nature of patient health information, maintaining the highest degree of compliance to internal and national governing regulations.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- BA/BS required; Master's degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years of working experience with at least one year working in a fast-paced Healthcare environment
- Analytic and technical skills, coupled with the ability to translate complicated data into useable information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment. Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment consistent with achieving service excellence
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Highly proficient in SQL, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Intermediate to advanced Tableau BI skills required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled