Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 2/14/2023
This position will be responsible for a variety of functions under the Managed Care Department, including building and helping to maintain managed care reports, contract summaries, and contract analysis. Other key responsibilities include assistance in negotiating contracts with payers, revenue/rate modeling, and support with systemic payer issues. This position will also help coordinate a variety of complex and confidential special projects.
- Create and regularly maintain department standard reporting for all markets including facility and physician rate summaries, contract summaries, and payor/product grids, in excel by region, by state, by facility, as applicable.
- Work with Revenue Cycle to load payer contracts, rate sheets, fee schedules and other documents into the contract management system.
- Understand, interpret, and summarize provisions and obligations contained in Steward’s contracts with various health plans with support from more senior managed care staff.
- Be a key resource for others in the organization regarding rates, key contract terms, and reports.
- Assist with department policy maintenance and revisions.
- Perform managed care contract analytics (such as fee schedule analysis and revenue modeling) and other ad hoc projects as requested under the supervision of more senior level managed care staff.
- Assist senior contract managers in negotiating contracts with payers and resolving systemic payor issues.
- Develops effective relationships with key stakeholders within Steward.
- Completes ad hoc strategy projects assigned by the Director of Managed Care.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical skills needed to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems.
- Healthcare analytics experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups and graphs
- Experience interpreting and displaying data for diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively within a changing environment and meet deadlines.
- Creative, self-motivated - possesses judgment and ability to plan and initiate new activities.
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years’ work experience. Prior work experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required; advanced abilities in Excel strongly preferred
- Other: Understanding of the health care delivery system.