Anesthesia Tech- Anesthesiology Dept- Per Diem As needed
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Summary: Responsible for carrying out Anesthesia Technician duties within Operating Room setting.
- Facilitates the optimal flow and efficiency of the OR Schedule by using systems developed for the timely ordering and receiving of supplies and equipment for cases.
- In collaboration with Chief of Anesthesia and OR Clinical Director to establish, monitors and revise the PAR levels.
- Maintains par levels, and inventories; restocks using a first-in first-out process and checks expiration dates etc.
- Responsible for the on-line purchase order process, including systems for monitoring for back orders and substitutes.
- Collects and compiles data for QI monitoring.
- Appropriately prioritizes responsibilities (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.).
- Performs all routine basic maintenance such as battery and filter changes.
- Inspects compressed gas connections and hoses to insure proper operation on a daily basis.
- Tests the operation of equipment and reports problems to appropriate individual.
- Changes absorber on CO2 absorbers and all disposable CO2 components as required.
- Facilitates OR efficiency by timely room turnover of anesthesia supplies (replacing all disposables, stocking of anesthesia carts. cleaning carts and supplies).
- Responds to all patient emergencies including Code Blue and obtaining needed medications or supplies for anesthesia providers.
- Coordinates Preventative Maintenance program, in conjunction with Biomedical Engineering.
- Researches the availability of supplies used by patients and staff to insure compliance with standards, FDA, TJC, OSHA
- During times of alternative staffing, (sick calls, vacations etc.), work is prioritized to assure all customer needs are met.
- High School Graduate/GED and CNA certified in the State of Massachusetts preferred
- Previous Surgical Technician or Anesthesia Tech experience preferred.
- Computer experience in inventory and ordering processes preferred.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.