The Application Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, testing, documentation, training, report writing and daily user support. Ability to interpret and develop project plans, functional/operational specifications, flowcharts, input and output specifications (including file structures and record layouts) and flowcharts. Determine and accommodate the impact of various system changes on users, automated or manual, troubleshoot various problems and respond to user department needs. Interact with all level of users throughout the organization to clarify and verify requirements at all stages of analysis, design, and implementation.
- Demonstrates solid application knowledge of at least one software environment (ie. Application, language) and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Applies well-defined and disciplined implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Able to manage projects with limited scope.
- Able to work within defined project plans under the direction of a lead/senior analyst, program manager or applications manager utilizing recognized project management methodology
- Confers with the Project Management Office [PMO] hospital directors and directors involved with new system implementations and system upgrades to assist in finding solutions by reviewing and validating functional specifications, identifying resources and establishing a team to implement the solution
- Participates in the identification and resolution of basic application problems and procedures, suggesting solutions to identified problems.
- Uses software vendor tracking systems to report and monitor resolution of software irregularities and custom programming requests
- Responsible for routine communication to customers, department heads and project team members on issues, project status, software enhancements/fixes.
- Schedules department meetings, provides on-site training, troubleshooting and consulting.
- Responsible for responding to issues, questions and requests in a timely manner, related to information systems on the Steward Computer network.
- Assures timely resolution as defined by the ISD organization's customer service policy.
- Educates customers on future enhancements and functionality within the Steward supported HIS.
- Performs on-call duties and off hours support as required
- Develops training material and agendas.
- Conducts core group and end user training classes and/or presentations as required.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Steward policies and standards.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all administrative, financial and clinical data
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
IT healthcare & Meditech IDM experience preferred
Must demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
- Ability to manage a small project and to prioritize and delegate accordingly
- Knowledge of PC applications, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Project, PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to facilitate and work within a complex, multi-site environment.
- Must possess strong teaching skills
- Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written skills
- Recommended: Bachelor's Degree in health-related field or Information Systems.
- Minimum Experience: At least 2-5 years of related work experience and/or training.
- Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client server concepts.
- Minimum skills/abilities: Basic understanding of common software applications (ex. MS Office) required.
- Strong, demonstrable analytical/problem-solving skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong teaching skills