ARNP -Nurse Practitioner, Psych, Full Time, Flex Shift
The ARNP ensures continuity between clinical practice and standards of care. Team Member also facilitates patient preparation for procedures, reaching plan of care goals, and all other patient care initiatives progressing towards discharge.
This individual works collaboratively with all health care disciplines utilizing a team approach. Team Member are required to be a clinical resource for nursing staff and are integral to the continuing education/ professional development of nurses in assigned areas. In addition, Team Member also function in a leadership role and are required to maintain all standards of excellence that are required by the organization.
Team Member are involved in multiple performance improvement activities in the hospital and may be required to sit on appropriate committees. Team Member are in close communication with administration as well as nursing leadership to ensure that hospital initiatives and goals are carried out and maintained on a clinical level.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Minimum: Master's Degree in Nursing Science with Board Certification through either the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Minimum: Five (5) years’ experience in critical care nursing or (1) year experience as a nurse practitioner.
- Preferred: Five years’ (5) experience as practicing nurse practitioner.
- Telemetry proficiency.
- Excellent human relations and/or written communication skills.
- Nursing Leadership experience preferred.
- Must be able to function as an educational resource for Critical Care / Specialty Care areas throughout the facility.
- Current Florida (formerly ARNP) APRN License,
- Current BLS/ACLS Certification.
- Any APRN with pediatric patient contact: PALS certification is required.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization