Assistant Chief Financial Officer
Responsible toTrumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Fiscal Services for the accounting records and oversight of the preparation of Federal, State and Local tax returns. To provide direction and mentoring to staff responsible for maintaining systems procedures to insure the financial statements are prepared and reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and to ensure that all entities maintain compliance with current tax legislation as it relates to accounts payable. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Provides assistance to the CFO related to leadership and direction to staff to ensure the timely and accurate closing of financial systems and preparation, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), of financial statements and reports for distribution to internal users on a monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis.
- Assist the CFO to ensure that capital process and policies and procedures are being followed in order to monitor the accuracy of recording fixed asset purchases within the financial records. Ensures that all required capital reporting is prepared accurately and submitted timely to Corporate Office.
- Assist managers to improve their knowledge of and adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or observes year-end physical inventories for Trumbull Regional Medical Center.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of all sales & use and local tax returns as well as the Corporate Annual Tax Pack with the Accounting staff and review to ensure that they are prepared in accordance with applicable tax law within the filing timeframe. Also, prepares analysis related to property tax liability and payments in conjunction with corporate office.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of the semi-annual WP 23 “Lease Review”, Audit Pack and Annual Business Interruption worksheet.
- Assists with tax-planning for all Hospital Systems’ compliance with state and local legislation while minimizing exposure to non-compliance.
- Assist with providing leadership, mentoring and direction to the Fiscal Services Department to ensure the department’s continued ethics and integrity.
- Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Previous experience in tax and management required. Up to four year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility is required.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in professional area and in accounting and business administration.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3776