Assistant Controller - Full Time
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Accounting Director/Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting with the activities of the Accounting Department: preparation of month end journal entries, maintenance of the general ledger including account reconciliations, financial packages, subsidiary ledgers, cash and bank accounts reconciliation, other accounting functions, reports, and analysis as assigned, support accounts payable, payroll and budgeting preparation. The Assistant Controller develops and/or implements policies and procedures related to area of responsibility and recommends policy changes to the Controller. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Five (5) years of experience in Public Accounting or responsible industry accounting.
- Three (3) years of experience with Lawson Financial Management Software highly preferred.
- Must possess technical and professional skills in Accounting/Finance.
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills in Accounting/Finance.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer and software such as OnBase, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze accounting data and prepare reports.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran
“Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”