Associate, Mergers & Acquisition
SMG is currently recruiting for a Mergers & Acquisitions Associate to join the M&A team. This individual will be responsible for financial analyses of new business opportunities, including but not limited to physician practice acquisitions, joint ventures, other related affiliations, organic initiatives and other ad hoc growth initiatives. The position has high exposure and has ability to influence strategic directions of the organization.
As a key member of the M&A team, the position will perform the following functions:
• Prepare financial analyses including:
o Business Plans including financial pro forma analyses
o Cash flow projections
o ROI / DCF models
• Perform analytics to test assumptions and assertions
• Research potential targets using various information sources
• Build a network of internal relationships in various departments across the company, including: operations, physician leadership, legal, finance, accounting and others
• Manage large amounts of complex due diligence documentation
• Conduct due diligence of target companies to validate earnings
• Coordinate with other aspects of the Finance organization (i.e., coordinate with FP&A for budgeting purposes)
• Bachelor's degree in business specialty
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Thorough understanding of accounting
• Detail-oriented with critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Strong communication skills
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.