Patient Care Tech, Emergency Services, Full Time, Day Shift (Sign On Bonus)
Responsible for providing high quality, cost-effective comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in Patient Care Tech.
- BLS certification required and maintained or obtained within 30-days of original job date.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on Patient Care Technician Equipment/Skills Checklist.
- Collects specimens
- Performs and/or assists with treatments/procedures
- Assists patients with activities of daily living
- Documents care provided according to charting guidelines
- Collects, transports, stores and/or dispose of refuse related materials safely as outlined in the Procedure Manual and by following EPA/OSHA guidelines and/or regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Palmetto General Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.