Asst, Lic Phys Therapy
The Physical Therapist Assistant performs under the supervision of the physical therapist. He or she is responsible for implementing the Plan of Care as established by the physical therapist. Communicates effectively with the physical therapist(s) regarding patient care and need for re-assessments. Also communicates with other appropriate health care providers. Performs documentation of patient care provided and applicable charges. And performs other applicable duties as identified in the detail job description.
- Graduate of an accredited college/university Physical Therapy Assistant program. Minimum Associate
- Science Degree in PTA. Active Florida Physical Therapist Assistant License.
- BLS-CPR Certification.
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 839 805community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".