Asst Manager Med Surg
The Assistant Nurse Manager reports directly to the Nurse Manager and oversees daily operations of assigned shift ensuring proper care is provided to all patients. The Assistant Nurse Manager is accountable to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical and support staff, and appropriate resource and service management related to patient care on assigned shift. The Assistant Nurse Manager must also ensure services and care are provided abiding by the policies and procedures of the organization, demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability. The Assistant Nurse Manager plays a crucial role in assisting the Nurse Manager with strategic operations of the unit, conducting staff meetings, and all other responsibilities. The Assistant Nurse Manager is knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and patient care standards.
- Graduate from School of Nursing.
- Current Florida Nursing License
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Unit specific certifications desired or obtained as designated by department
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work accurately while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment.
- Knowledge and skill in use of job appropriate technology and software applications.
- Minimum 1 year experience in acute care setting.
- Charge nurse or leadership experience preferred
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129248