Athletic Trainer (SMG- Ortho 85209)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Athletic Trainer summary of duties include but are not limited to: providing treatment to athletes for athletic injuries and also develops and implements programs for the prevention of athletic injuries.
- Provides treatment for athletic injuries and minor medical conditions following established policies and procedures and coincides with athletic trainer’s level of training and competency.
- Knowledgeable of wide range of therapeutic modalities, taping, splinting and brace use and applies each option appropriately.
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates rehabilitation programs for injured athletes using physical therapy protocols.
- Develops and implements programs for the prevention of athletic injuries.
- Provides safety equipment and supplies to individual athletes pre-practice and pre-game, this may include equipment fittings.
- Appropriately performs weight certifications and hydration testing for wrestling.
- Monitors athletic practices and games, provides medical treatment immediately following an injury with appropriate triaging to higher level of care when necessary.
- Well versed in creating, implementing and coordinating emergency action plans for a variety of sports and athletic facilities.
- Works in coordination with team coaches on developing and implementing physical training programs for their athletes when appropriate.
- Provides athletes with basic education regarding nutrition, supplements conditioning and performance.
- Records and reports statistics on athletic injuries. Referrals to team physicians and outside physicians recorded on a weekly basis. Documentation meets all standards and policies
- Supervises and evaluates student athletic trainers when they are rotating with staff athletic trainer. Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Athletic Training from CAATE Accredited Program
- Current BOC Certification
- Current Arizona License from the State Board of Athletic Training
- Current BCLS Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9932