Bilingual Patient Navigator - Full Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
The Bi-Lingual Navigator communicates the features, benefits, competitive advantages, and other properties of the hospital’s services to patients and defined target list physicians in the primary service area. Maximizing utilization of its facilities and generating additional revenue from inpatient and outpatient census. Follows up on leads generated through hospital marketing efforts. Participates in Performance Improvement Activities. Assists in formulating budget for his/her area. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Other duties as assigned.
- Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of patients.
- Insures that patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients seen on his or her unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the service needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures and skills check lists.
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of insurance requirements for pre-authorization and co-payment purposes.
- Bilingual ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English AND Spanish.
- Basic computer knowledge and medical terminology skills.
- Excellent communication skills required.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Jordan Valley Medical Center - West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.