Business Data Analyst
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Health Informatics, the Business Data Analyst will be responsible for strategic and tactical leadership of our analytics and data platform initiatives.
- Manage large scale initiatives with external vendors that are critical to the Steward data ecosystem.
- Coordinate with internal teams to document data requirements for all internal/external data transfers.
- Ensure teams are following proper security protocol for managing and sharing data.
- Document and monitor all data flows in and out of enterprise data warehouse, ensuring critical SLAs are met.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and data research as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of health care claims data. Experience with CMS and/or Medicaid claim data is a plus.
- Proficient in the use Word, Excel and Outlook. Expertise with Access, Project and/or Visio is a plus.
- Understanding of data tools (databases, reporting, analytics).
- Understanding of ETL and Data Transmission methodologies
- Ability to write and understand SQL scripts.
- Ability to work across organization with a variety of departments. Able to present to senior leadership.
- Highly Organized. Familiar with Agile methodologies, including work tracking tools like Jira/Asana/etc.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors, Masters or relevant experience
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within healthcare (ACO settings preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years working within a data or analytics team
Work Related Experience:
- Experience working within complex client/vendor relationships involving data
- Ability to read and interpret data using flat files and databases
- Familiar with agile development methods and tools.
- No travel is required in this role.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8657