Business Office Manager
Location: St. Luke's Medical Center
Posted Date: 9/28/2020
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Business Office including billing, collections, customer service, and cash posting.
- Assigns duties and reviews work for completeness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Completes A/R spreadsheets for BOD, Regional BOD, Regional CFO and Facility CFO.
- Evaluates staff performance and monitors productivity.
- Review the AR Logs on a weekly basis.
- Distribute spreadsheets to the collectors for follow up.
- Identify problems/issues specific to payers and initiate action to resolve the problems.
- Review accounts > 30 days and identify and resolve reasons for non-payment.
- Work closely with the Business Office Director regarding trends/issues in the A/R.
- Schedules desk audits with staff to iensure that are maintaining productivity standards.
- Schedule monthly meetings with the staff including an agenda and sign in sheet.
- Attends Case Management meetings.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to read and understand complex contract reimbursement provisions
- Knowledge of state regulations for both acute and skilled nursing facilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English - additional languages preferred
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, hospital management or related field - or five years’ experience in a Business Office
- Healthcare experience mandatory