Cash Operations Associate (SMG)
This position is responsible for Steward Medical Group follow up operations, meeting goals and company objectives, in assigned areas of cash posting, collections, payment validation, customer service and correspondence using the multiple revenue cycle systems. Associate must ensure that all process meet all government mandated procedures for integrity and compliance. Performs all responsibilities in a prompt and efficient manner. Must be detail oriented meeting multiple deadlines while working independently and/or in small groups. Revenue Cycle Cash Operations knowledge is required and cash posting experience is preferred. The Cash Ops associate reports to the Cash operations supervisor or manager.
- Reconcile System postings to deposits in bank
- Posting Payments, adjustment and contractuals accurately based on EOB/ERA information
- Transfer payments to and from the various Steward vendors
- Work manager holds in within respective system related to claims
- Resolve Posting discrepancies within patient accounting system
- Upload remits for posting in accounting system
- Completion and follow up of EFT and ERA payor enrollment applications
- Sort and direct correspondence
- Work closely with Finance to reconcile receipts
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- 2-3 years experience with medical billing/collection; physician billing experience preferred.
- 2-3 years expericece with Cash Operations including balancing, reconciliation and EOB interpretation
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
- Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; specific Athena Health and/or Cerner experience a plus.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures.
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs
- Moderate to advance level of excel knowledge-including pivot tables
- Highly detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.
- Education: Associates degree or a combination of High School and relative work experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): 5 years Experience in revenue cycle operations. 2 plus years in Cash Operations
- Five plus (5 ) years of relevant work experience.
Job Reference #: 1900588