Cash Operations Representative (Steward Medical Group)
This position is responsible for Steward Medical Group follow up operations, meeting goals and company objectives in assigned areas of cash posting, collections, payment validation, customer service and correspondence using the Athena web system. Representative must ensure that all processes meet all government mandated procedures for integrity and compliance. Performs all responsibilities in a prompt and efficient manner. Must be detail oriented, meeting multiple deadlines while working independently and/or in small groups. The Cash Ops Representative reports to the central business office supervisor or manager.
- Reconcile Athena postings to deposits in bank.
- Transfer payments to and from the various Steward vendors.
- Work manager holds in Athena related to claims.
- Resolve customer service complaints.
- Resolve Unpostables in Athena.
- Upload remits for posting in Athena.
- Sort and direct correspondence.
- Work closely with Finance to reconcile receipts.
- Resolve issues assigned thru Footprints from other departments within SMG.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- 2-3 years’ experience with medical billing/collection; physician billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
- Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; specific Athena Health experience a plus.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures.
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs - Excel experience a plus.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.
Job Reference #: 1805957