Cat Scan Tech/Xray*
Responsibilities & Standards
* - Greet patient courteously within specified time of patient presentation of requisition by receptionist with less than two legitimate (as determined by Director of Diagnostic Imaging) complaints in a six month period.
* - Introduce self to patient and instruct the patient regarding your role, the exam they are having and answer any questions relevant to that exam.
* - Review patient's requisition and/or history, determining the appropriate supplies needed and/or direction given to patient for appropriate undressing. Prepare patient and assist in removing obstructing clothing and opaque objects.
* - Prepare room and/or equipment per departmental procedure per exam.
2.0 Performance of exam and provides care to patients ranging in age from childhood, through adolescence, adulthood and geriatrics. The technologist must possess the ability to assess the requirements of the patients as they pertain to age, and must perform examinations as defined in Department Policies, in a manner consistent with the patient's age.
* - Assist patient on or off scanning table in accordance with departmental safety guidelines and/or correct utilization of body mechanics.
* - Position patient appropriately for adequate scanning, utilizing appropriate restraining devices if required.
* - Select proper technical factors on individual patient basis; select appropriate computerized parameters and radiation imaging levels after consultation with radiologist.
* - Operates the equipment as directed with proper care to minimize equipment breakdown, delivering proper radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
* - In the performance of exams requiring contrast media, intravenously, arterially, orally or by other method, the preparation and administration of these materials should be by departmental prescribed standards and/or safety standards with 100% accuracy.
* - During examination, observe patient's condition and if unusual, report to attending physician, radiologist or other appropriate personnel. In the event that the patient experiences crisis, summon the nearest available help or initiate emergency medical procedures without fail.
* - Practice sterile technique and/or be cognizant of infection control practices at all times, as instructed by departmental prescribed standards and/or safety standards.
* - Upon completion of exams, dismiss patient or provide for transportation to assigned ward or unit.
3.0 Quality Control/record keeping/Quality Assurance:
* - Scan, store and prepare images for transferal to PACS or reconstruction/enhancement for radiologist.
* - Process or transport CR cassettes for processing.
* - Perform all related data collection and entry functions as directed by Departmental Policy.
* - Assist or provide for the permanent recording of significant functional and/or anatomical or pathologic data obtained or any pertinent information, which may be used for utilization review or state request.
* - Perform final check of all images for quality and completeness of requested exam as specified by departmental procedure.
* - Check all exams with radiologist as specified by departmental procedure.
* - Obtain and call out wet readings as specified by request and/or departmental procedure.
* - Arrange for transportation of patient to appropriate location.
1. Education: Minimum Requirement. Accredited 2 year Radiology Program
2. Experience : 1 year CT experience preferred
3. Certification/Licensure: ARRT , State License Semiannual BLS, CT certification preferred.
4. Software/Hardware: Meditech and PACS preferred
Internal Posting: 02/13/2019-02/20/2019
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: I49782