Central Scheduler - Temporary, Full Time, Day Shift
Primary function is to be the liaison for out-patient diagnostic testing. Physician offices will call in requested test and the concierge will complete the request in a timely, courteous manner. To include schedule perform insurance verification, authorization (if applicable), pre-registration and point of service collections of the patient.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning personal, financial, medical or employment status of patients.
- Communicate in an acceptable, easily understood manner.
- Schedules patients for procedures and treatments.
- Understand all preps for any procedures or surgeries and communicate preps to physician offices and or patient at time of scheduling.
- Schedule procedures via fax script orders, electronic and includes indexing through SCI Order facilitator.
- Registers/Pre-registers patients for hospital services.
- Responsible to verify insurance eligibility, including requirements and ensuring pre-authorizations are obtained by contacting physician’s offices or review agencies to obtain or ensure the pre-authorization/referrals are in place.
- Performs Medical Necessity validation when applicable
- Schedule patients accurately with less than a 2% error rate.
- Notify case management when an inpatient examination is ordered that is not stat and can be done on an outpatient basis.
- Notify physician if surgical procedure ordered meets inpatient only criteria if scheduled as an outpatient.
- Perform Point-of-service collection. To collect patient responsibilities over the phone prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Requests pertinent documentation, laboratory results and/or orders from physicians based on the test or treatment ordered.
- Make copies of all registration forms and forwards to Outpatient registration.
- Copy schedule and distribute to appropriate departments at end of day.
- Monitor schedules for open time slots and solicit procedures from physician offices to fill empty time slots.
- Compile monthly statistics for procedures scheduled during the month by the 3rd of the following month.
- Refer all outpatients self pays to the financial counselor for appropriate action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED. Minimum of 3 year hospital/medical office experience required. A good understanding of medical terminology required. Knowledge of computers and other standard office equipment required. Minimum of 2 years customer service required. Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute required.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to correctly spell and file. A broad knowledge of medical terminology and insurance billing. Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT-4 codes preferred.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 17771