Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
St Joseph Medical Center hospital and Steward Medical Group are seeking CRNAs to work in downtown Houston area. We are looking for self-directed, self-motivated individuals that must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be able to exhibit flexibility and cope effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced healthcare environment. Potential applicants must perform effectively when confronted with challenges and demonstrate quality work ethic.
The CRNA's will be an employed provider reporting under the direction of the Anesthesia Medical Director, Chief CRNA, and the general supervision of the Anesthesia Practice Manager. St. Joseph Medical Center is a general, acute care, level III trauma hospital with over 400 beds, 17 main operating rooms, 3 endoscopy suites, 5 women's operating rooms, and a 12 bed labor and delivery floor. We encourage full scope of practice for CRNAs in a wide variety of cases including: vascular, plastic, bariatric, neurosurgery, orthopedic, endoscopy, regional, obstetric, and pediatric. We offer six (6) weeks paid time off, CME allowance, liability insurance, complete benefits package, Quality structured incentive quarterly bonuses and competitive salaries based on experience.
CRNA's will provide anesthesia under the direction of a physician and will see a variety of cases.
- Coordinate care in an anesthesia care team model with anesthesiologists according to policy and procedures of the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Administer the appropriate anesthetic agents and monitor each patient's response and progress throughout the entire perioperative care.
- Document accurately and comprehensively into an electronic medical record system.
- Evaluate and provide post anesthesia care.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have a strong understanding of pre-anesthesia medications and post-anesthesia medications
- Ability to make sound judgements of analytical, physical and manual dexterity functions of a patient
- Ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative environment
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and an accredited school of nurse anesthesia
- Work requires a general level of knowledge and clinical competencies as typically acquired through the completion of an accredited school of anesthesia nursing program resulting in an minimum of a Masters Degree.
- 2-3 years of experience as a CRNA strongly preferred
- Registered Nurse Anesthetist Certification required
- Current Texas RN license required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2512