Certified Surgical Tech
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, Surgical Services, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competencies. The Surgical Technologist may also circulate on assigned cases under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Documented experience in providing Operating Room services as a surgical technician.
- Current verification of competency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation including pediatric resuscitation.
- Current certification in scrub technology
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22219