Charge Nurse RN - Full Time, 6p-6a
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Service for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Maintains clinical competence to perform functions on RN assessment checklist and supports clinical nursing practice.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with medical staff and other departments to improve service and enhance quality.
- Oversees the provision of high quality, cost effective care through supervision of others. Promotes patient education.
- Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager, directs workforce to accomplish patient care services on days, afternoon and night shift.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
- Acts as a role model.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in nursing. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
Previous experience as an RN required. Requires up to 1 year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONCurrent