Chief Financial Officer - SHCN
Position Purpose: The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for oversight of the accounting and budgeting functions as well as the overall financial performance of the health plan.
Oversee Finance, TPL, and Internal Audit staff. Coach, counsel, direct, and discipline employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results. Development and implementation of processes and procedures to ensure departments operate efficiently. Hire qualified staff with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and direction to perform their jobs. Timely employee performance reviews. Clearly defined duties, responsibilities, expectations, and goals for staff and the department. Efficient workflow without duplication of duties.
Responsible for preparation of annual budget according to Steward timeframes. Oversees annual budget development and monitors results against budget. Preparation of other budget / forecast statistics and schedules. Works with department heads on administrative budgets and tracks department results and variances.
Oversight of the health plan’s treasury function including, but not limited to, revenue, expenses, cash, and investments. Appropriate oversight and planning of health plan expenditures. Medical and administrative costs are analyzed to ensure appropriateness; corrective actions initiated when necessary. Bank accounts have appropriate signers and are reconciled monthly.
Serves as an officer of the company. Responsible for health plan administration and compliance. Represents the health plan at various functions. Participation in provider contract negotiations and establishment of reimbursement rates. Reviews and signs contracts. Participation in various senior management meetings and committees
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required
· Master’s degree strongly preferred
Years of Experience:
· Two (2) or more years working in a managed care environment
· Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience
· Five (5) or more years in healthcare financial management or a related field
Work Related Experience:
· Ability to manage, lead, and motivate people
· Prioritize multiple projects
· Work within strict deadlines
· Communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
· Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
· Generally accepted accounting concepts, principles, and practices
· Excellent Excel skills; accounting software packages and / or spreadsheets
· Principles of governmental financial administration including budgeting, reporting, taxation, and internal controls