Clinical Informaticist (NIMS) - Full Time
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for directing and ensuring the successful development, implementation, training and maintenance of information systems within the Department of Nursing and addresses the clinical information needs of the department. Participates in the development and implementation of information systems throughout the institution. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs job specific responsibilities after completion of system-wide, facility and/or unit specific orientation.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of information systems and applications.
- Collaborates with Department of Nursing, Information Technology, Medical Staff and Ancillary Departments to elicit the full cooperation of those accountable for clinical documentation, medication administration, electronic reporting, and other aspects of clinical computing..
- Conduct ongoing assessments of clinical information systems to identify gaps and opportunities in patient care needs, assist in the development of strategies for meeting these needs and ensure that all computer systems are fully integrated into clinical practice of each area utilizing these systems. Develop computer training programs that incorporate computer literacy outcomes for all users. Coordinates accurate reporting of Meaningful Use and other data sets as required by other regulatory bodies such as the ODH.
- Develop computer training programs that incorporate computer literacy outcomes for all users. monitors performance.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, processes and products related to clinical information systems and processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in nursing is required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Computer Science or related field required. Master’s degree in Informatics or other related healthcare field preferred. Minimum of 2 years managing complex clinical programs involving the use of electronic medical record system. Requires at least five years clinical nursing experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility. Experience in policy/procedure writing and providing training to clinical staff strongly preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current Ohio license as Registered Nurse by Ohio Board of Nursing.