Clinical Lab Supervisor - Microbiology - Full Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Clinical Lab Supervisor for Microbiology
The Clinical Lab MicrobiologySupervisor oversees and performs appropriate tests and procedures in the Microbiologylaboratory. The supervisor also provides technical advice; maintains effectivecommunication and expectations for all levels of laboratory staff; and assuresreliability and timeliness of results. Areas of responsibility in the Microbiology section include, but are notlimited to: bacteriology, parasitology, mycology, immunology, and molecularmethodologies.
Participate in labor forecastplanning for Microbiology and assume responsibility for meeting financial andproductivity goals. Assist the Director in overseeingthe laboratory employment processes for the department. Provide staff supervision to ensureexcellence in our results and provide opportunities for enriching staffmembers' work experience. Contribute towards ensuring that qualityresults are at the core of our job in providing excellent patient care
Conduct regular staff meetings toprovide information, help explain procedures and policies and offer anopportunity to answer questions, gather input, share problems, and discussideas and solutions. Serve as a liaison between staff andmanagement, presenting staff issues in the management forum and vice versa. Contribute to the excellence of ourresults and the ability to positively affect patient outcomes through teamworkand participation within the Laboratory Management Team Participate in applicable HospitalCommittees e.g. Infection Prevention, Pharmacy & Therapeutics, etc. Responsible for maintaining CAPaccreditation for all checklists relative to the department.
- Bachelor's degree in general scienceor related field, from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as aStaff Medical Technologist in a pathologist directed lab is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of principlesand practices of Microbiology science required
- Additional experience/training inmanagement and supervision, preferred
- MedicalLaboratory Scientist (MLS) certified by the ASCP Board of Certification - orequivalent.
- Must possess an in depth knowledgeof clinical laboratory processes and be familiar with different testmethodologies and sample requirements
- Self-disciplined and organized toachieve quality results along with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly andcollaboratively with co-workers to enhance daily workflow
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1900202