Clinical Nurse Manager- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Location: St. Joseph Medical Center
Posted Date: 4/2/2020
JOB TITLE: Clinical Nurse Manager - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
REPORTS TO: Director COST CENTER: 8005
Has 24-hour accountability for the quality and efficiency of the department's nursing care. Responsible for maintaining staffing within the productivity standard and when variances occur he/she investigates contributing factors. Is responsible for the performance improvement planning and monitoring for the department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports the hospital's Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center. 2. Follows the guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Maintains staffing within productivity standards and investigates variances and reports findings in a timely fashion. Adjusts staffing for acuity and unusual situations.
5. Monitors and trends Performance Improvement activities and makes suggestions for improvements as needed. Appropriately involves the nursing staff in this process.
6. Strives to improve Associate Satisfaction
7. Is responsible for ensuring that the Patient Advocacy process is adhered to.
8. Has an excellent working knowledge of patient rights and other regulatory standards.
9. Ensures nursing staff is educated about policy changes and performance expectations.
10. Participates on committees outside the department and represents the department in a professional manner.
11. Working knowledge of the capital and budgetary process.
12. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by St Joseph Medical Center and demonstrated by:
1. Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
2. Adheres to dealing appropriately and fairly with employee misconduct.
3. Enforces all compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
4. Provides and assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
13. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities. 14. Supports, reviews, and understands JCAHO's compliance activities and expectations, ensures departmental compliance with JCAHO standards.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Work requires professional knowledge and clinical competencies in the Clinical environment as typically acquired through two or more years as a Nurse, and one year of service-related experience in which leadership and teaching abilities have been demonstrated, in order to manage the quality of care given to patients.
Bi or Multilingual
Previous leadership experience
National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center within threee years of appointment.
Current RN licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
Education & Training:
Work requires a professional level of knowledge and clinical competencies as typically acquired through the completion of Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Good interpersonal, written and oral communication and reporting skills are necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and management. Management and leadership skills are necessary to function as a clinical resource, and to manage a team of professionals and support staff. A comfort level with computer systems is required in order to operate personal computers located in patient care areas, and to carry out the administrative functions of the position.
Technical, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with physicians, team members, patients and families.- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.- Additional languages preferred.- Basic computer knowledge.- Must demonstrate a caring and friendly attitude towards patients and customers.- Must be able to work closely with physicians and other professionals.