Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 3/26/2020
Provides implementation of Finance and Performance Improvement Initiatives, daily Human Resources Management of specific area of responsibility, technical expertise, leadership over a functional area, and quality customer service initiatives
- Demonstrates awareness of current departmental needs based on a thorough understanding of day to day operations.
- Serves as a professional role model for all of staff.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of current technical and clinical skills.
- Recognizes role as a resource to staff.
- Displays ability to identify operational problems and utilizes appropriate actions and communications to resolve them productivity
- Works collaboratively with department director, staff and other departments in operationalizing and supporting productivity goals.
- Maintains a proper balance between service delivery, supervision and administrative responsibilities.
- Can adapt readily to change.
- Is diversified and flexible in meeting the needs of department and hospital.
- BSN preferred. BLS and ACLS required.
- 3-5 years of successful nursing experience required.
- Previous experience in supervision or patient flow process preferred
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Knowledge of patient care resources within the organization.